Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Gujarat 2023 – Various schemes are run by the Government of India to make the future of daughters bright and secure. Such as Vhali Dikari Yojana, Ladli Lakshmi Yojana, Cycle Sahay Yojana etc. In addition savings schemes are run. Income tax exemptions and high interest rates are offered. So that people are encouraged to invest in these schemes and the future of the daughters can be secured. Today we are going to give you information related to one such scheme launched by the Central Government. Whose name is Sukanya Samrudhi Yojana.
Sukanya Samrudhi Yojana
Sukanya Samrudhi Yojana has been launched by the Government of India. This is a savings plan. To avail benefits under this scheme, the account has to be opened before the daughter reaches the age of 10 years. The minimum investment limit in this account is Rs 250 and the maximum limit is up to Rs 1.5 lakh. Citizens This investment can be made for the daughter’s higher education or marriage. Under the scheme, the government will pay interest at the rate of 7.6% on the investment. Apart from this, tax exemption will also be given on investments under Sukanya Samrudhi Yojana. The scheme has been launched under Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana.
Important facts of Sukanya Samrudhi Yojana 2023
As you all know Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana in Gujarati has been started by the government to protect the future of daughters and for their education and marriage. The little girl’s future can be gotten by effective money management under this plan.
- An account can be opened for a daughter below 10 years of age under Sukanya Samrudhi Yojana.
- A record can be opened at any mail center or bank.
- An account can be opened for a maximum of two children of a family under this scheme.
- An account for three children of the same family can also be opened in special circumstances.
- Under this scheme, an account can be opened for a minimum of Rs.250.
- Under Sukanya Samrudhi Yojana, a minimum of Rs.250 and a maximum of Rs.1.5 lakh can be invested in 1 financial year.
- An interest rate of 7.6% has been fixed under this scheme.
- Tax exemption is also available under this scheme under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act.
- The profits got through this plan are additionally tax exempt.
- 50% amount can also be withdrawn from Sukanya Samrudhi Yojana for higher education of daughter.
- Sukanya Samrudhi Yojana 2022 is a small savings scheme of the Central Government for daughters.
Sukanya Samrudhi Yojana loan
Loans can be obtained under various PPF schemes run by the government. But under Sukanya Samrudhi Yojana, loans cannot be obtained like other PPF schemes. But if the girl has turned 18, the parents can withdraw from the account of this scheme. This withdrawal can be done only 50%. Withdrawal made under Sukanya Samrudhi Yojana can be done for the betterment of the girl child. This amount can be used for girl’s wedding, higher education etc.
Sukanya Samrudhi Yojana interest rate
The Sukanya Samrudhi Yojana was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi under the Save Betty Betty Padhao campaign. So that the future of the daughters can be secured. The venture made under this plan can be utilized for the marriage and schooling of the young lady kid. Sukanya Samrudhi account can be opened at post office and bank. Under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act, 1961, a tax benefit of up to Rs 1.5 lakh is given under this scheme.
The interest rate under Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana was earlier fixed at 8.4%, which has now been reduced to 7.6%. No interest is paid in this case after completion of the scheme or if the girl becomes NRI or Non-Citizen.
How many daughters can benefit under Sukanya Samrudhi Yojana?
Under the Sukanya Samrudhi Yojana 2022, only two daughters of a family can benefit. If there are more than 2 daughters in a family, only two daughters of that family can avail the benefit of this scheme. But if a family has twin daughters, they will get the benefit of this scheme separately i.e. three daughters of that family will be able to avail the benefit. The count of twin daughters will be the same but they will be given benefits separately. Under Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana in Gujarati, those who want to deposit money for their daughter’s marriage and education can open their daughter’s account.
How much do you have to pay each year and for how long?
Under Sukanya Samrudhi Yojana, earlier there was a provision to give Rs.1000 per month. Which has now been reduced to Rs.250 per month. An investment of Rs.250 to Rs.1,50,000 can be made under this scheme. Under this plan, it will be obligatory to contribute for quite some time in the wake of opening a financial balance.
Evidence required to avail the benefits of the scheme
- To open an account under this scheme, the girl must be below 10 years of age.
- Aadhar card
- Photo of baby and parents
- Girl’s birth certificate
- Proof of residence
- Depositor (parent or legal guardian) i.e. PAN card, ration card, driving license