Soil Health Card Yojana Gujarat 2022 | The Government of India started this scheme in the year 2015 for the farmers of the state. In which to increase the fertility of the soil of the farmers, they will be given soil soil card, through which they will be able to increase the potential of their soil fertility and crop yield.
Soil health card is a kind of soil card of farmers land. Through this card, farmers will be able to get their land tested in different ways to get more yield. This will provide detailed information on soil fertility status and other important soil parameters affecting crop productivity.
By shaping, farmers can improve the quality of their soil. Detailed information can be found on analysis of their lands. They will be able to test the quality of their land and get more production.
Farmers can then have their soil samples tested every year after their rabi crops and kharif crops are harvested.
What will be learned from the Soil Health Card scheme?
The amount of nutrients in the soil gives an accurate idea of the ability of the crops to meet the required nutrients. Get an idea of how much nutrients are given and get accurate information about how much fertilizer has gone and ever. iORA Gujarat Portal Gujarat Integrated Online Revenue Applications 2022.
Further, it can be determined which crop will be more beneficial in the soil. Blight resistant wheat can grow in salinity and soil and paddy crop can be grown in the soil.
Plantain, tobacco, millet and wheat can be grown in the fertile soil. Sugarcane, cotton can be grown in black soil. Planted in sandy soil, can be raido. Groundnut, sesame, cumin can be grown in medium black soil and progressive farmers can grow medicinal crops like aloe vera or white muesli or horticultural crops in old soil with their accurate intelligence by getting information from extension officer and scientist.
Soil Health Card Scheme 2022 Benefits
All the farmers of the state and the country are going to benefit a lot from this scheme. Because the farmer will be able to get all the agricultural tests of his land, from which the fertility of his land will increase to a great extent.
- This scheme will greatly increase the health of the farmers and the production of their land.
- Farmers use only urea or urea and DAP, thereby reducing the amount of other elements
- Through this card, farmers will reduce the amount of chemical spraying in their land, which will increase the fertility of the soil.
- Integrated composting management can prevent loss of organic matter from the soil
- After getting all types of information about the soil, it will be possible to know how much water will be required in the crop, which will reduce the consumption of water. That means, a good crop can be obtained even with less water.
- It has also helped farmers to find input substitution.
- It has helped farmers diversify from their crops like paddy and cotton to less intensive crops.
- The need for crop production drugs provided by the government will be reduced.
Soil information in Soil Health Card scheme
Actually, through this card, it will be known what elements are in the soil and what are the deficiencies of the elements and how it can be given to the soil and things like what is the soil can be known. By which the farmers will get very good information.
- A typical soil pH should always be below 5.5. It provides manure and compost and green waste.
- A normal soil pH is between 6.5 to 7.5 and this soil should be suitable for all crops.
- A loamy soil with a pH greater than 8.5 and gypsum is recommended.
Soils with a pH below 5 and above 8.5 are deficient in nutrients. Saline soils become too hard to till as the moisture dries out and the availability of nutrients is greatly reduced. Chirodi (gypsum) should be used to loosen and fill such soils. Such soils can also be improved very well with screened manure, compost and green manure.
- Soil pH of Gujarat state is around 7 to 8.5.
- PH 8.5 1 tonne gypsum per hectare for improvement of bare soil
- PH 8.7 2 tonnes of gypsum per hectare for improvement of bare soil
- PH 9.0 3 tonnes of gypsum per hectare for improvement of bare soil
The amount of gypsum per ton/ha for different soil pH values is as follows.
- PH 9.2 sandy soil 1.7 medium black soil 2.4 and heavy black soil 3.4
- PH 9.4 sandy soil 3.4 medium black soil 5.0 and heavy black soil 3.8
- pH 9.6 sandy soil 5.0 medium black soil 7.5 and heavy black soil 10.0
- PH 9.8 sandy soil 6.8 medium black soil 10.0 and heavy black soil 14.6
- PH 10.0 Sandy soil 8.5 Medium black soil 12.5 Heavy black soil 15.0
- PH 10.1 sandy soil 10 medium black soil 15.0 and heavy black soil 15.0
Eligibility for Soil Health Card Scheme
All the farmers of the state can take advantage of this scheme. That means all the farmers who have land whether it is 5 bigha or 500 bigha can get this card and they can increase their crop production to a great extent. So in short, the Soil Health Card scheme is eligible for all the farmers of the state, that means all the farmers of the state can benefit.